I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful author of Mended Musings! karenperrycreates has a great message about the ins and outs of conscious recovery, and I identify with her a lot. I hope you’ll all go see her at http://karenperrycreates.com if you never have. I’m told that the Liebster Award highlights blogs that have less than 200 followers (give or take) as a way to recognize new and upcoming blogs and give us a fun way to discover each other. After being nominated, each nominee is requested to:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger that nominated you has created for you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let all the bloggers know that they have been nominated; but you cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
I’m new to this whole concept, so I apologize if anyone I chose is annoyed by the nomination. It’s certainly not my intention, and as I understand it you are free to ignore it and not respond. But it sounds like fun to pass it on, so I’ll give it a try.
So, 11 random facts about myself:
- I helped determine the DNA sequence of the fruit fly.
- I still have a security blanket like Linus.
- My very first crush was on Linus.
- I just signed up for a ballroom dancing class.
- Natural childbirth (what was I thinking?)
- I have a tiny piece of pencil lead in my left hand.
- I’ve never been defeated at Boggle.
- I make wonderful scrambled eggs. Hope you like scrambled eggs.
- I love to color with crayons.
- I cried at the end of “Vincent and the Doctor.”
- The coolest nickname I ever had was “Galadriel.”
Answers to the 11 questions I was asked:
Are you a blogger who replies to comments or who doesn’t?
I do reply sometimes, and I’m trying to do it more often. It can depend on what’s going on with me at the time.
What did you have for dinner last night?
A protein shake. Long story.
What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a kid?
An astronomer, Shaun Cassidy’s girlfriend, and Princess Leia.
What’s your favorite TV show?
*hanging head in shame* True Blood.
What is the one food you can’t resist?
Thai noodles, which my doctor doesn’t want me ever to touch again.
What, if any, video games do you play?
Wii games with my daughter, especially Mario Kart. I also love really ancient computer games like NetHack.
Why do you blog about what you blog about?
Because I want to reach people who fall though the cracks, and I want to embrace my own dual/triple/multiple nature in the process.
What is your favorite book?
Are you kidding me? Maybe I’ll eventually get a page up with my top 100 or so, but…right now I’m re-reading “The Mote in God’s Eye.”
Do you watch the news? Why or why not?
Not very much. I’m so prone to getting mentally overstimulated that I have to choose where to spend my strength, so to speak. I get the most critical stuff through osmosis.
Do you believe in coincidences or do you think there’s a reason for why things happen?
I believe in synchronicity as Jung describes it, but I also believe in randomness and “shit happens.” Where I get in trouble is mistaking one for the other.
What did you think of Miley’s performance on the VMAs?
I heard there was one, but I haven’t seen it.
Who I’m nominating: These are some fresh and authentic people that I hope will keep blogging. Check them out.
Tea Time Reflections
Writings from the Raven’s Desk
Pages of Grace
200 Pounds to Lose
Tell Me Your Worst Nightmare
The Duck and the Owl
Stepping Out With An Agoraphobic
My 11 Questions for the people I nominated:
- What was the hardest and/or most annoying book you had to read in school?
- What actor or celebrity would you like to interview on your blog?
- If you could become instantly fluent in one new language for you, which would you choose?
- What animal (corporeal, fictional or spiritual) has been the most important one in your life?
- Describe your favorite pair of shoes.
- What’s your favorite gemstone or mineral?
- Have you ever done karaoke? What did you sing? What would you sing?
- Would you rather give up sweet food or spicy food?
- What’s your favorite planet? Pluto counts.
- Name a fictional character you once wanted to date.
- What do you like most about your face?